21st Annual Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
The Resort and Conference Center, Hyannis, MA
Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is the organizing host of Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod. The purpose of Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is to encourage charitable giving, promote cooperation, and foster a better understanding among professional charitable giving planners, and also to further the education of its members, the professional community, and the general field of charitable giving.
Request for Presenters (DEADLINE: May 1, 2017)
Presenter proposals are now being accepted for the 21st Annual Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod, for Wednesday, November 8, 2017. The conference is the only annual fundraising professional conference for fundraisers, executive directors, board members, and volunteers in the area and attracts more than 500 professionals. Our education program consists of (12) one-hour sessions, with approximately 30-50 attendees per session.
Philanthropy Day is for professionals in non-profit organizations (the majority are small shops) on Cape Cod and the Islands, their volunteers, board members, as well as professional advisors such as attorneys, estate planners, financial advisors, accountants and others.
Presenter considerations are based on the ability to provide session(s) from the following topic headings: Board Development, Communications & Marketing, Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Social Media, Stewardship, Grant Writing, Planned Giving, Volunteers, Professional Development and Events.
The Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands uses various promotional vehicles to publicize the conference and provide visibility to featured presenters to Cape Cod and the Islands non-profits and vendors. Promotions include preconference direct mail piece, web site spotlight, social media, sponsored print ads, and post conference follow up.
The conference committee will give preference to proposals that:
- Include a statement of how they will address the topic of strong competition among non-profits for the same donors in a seasonal environment and second home residents.
- Include a statement on how they will incorporate social media elements.
- Incorporate an interactive approach.
- Present an opportunity for discussion on small non-profits related to your topic.
- Include a case study of best practices or current trends in the field of development.
Please provide us with:
- Session topic and title
- A description of your session (no more than 100 words) including 3-4 clear learning objectives
- The intended audience (i.e. new professional, mid-career, executive, board or committee member, volunteer).
- Please list the last two most recent presentations made, to what audience, and the approximate number of people in attendance. (Previous experience is not required, but is viewed favorably.)
- Names of panelists in your session (if applicable).
All session rooms will be set theater style and will have:
- standing lectern and microphone;
- six-foot table in front of room for presenter/panel use;
- table microphones if applicable
- overhead computer display hook-up
~~ You must bring your own laptop computer. ~~
Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is not able to offer compensation to our presenters. The conference registration fee will be waived for presenters who wish to participate in the remainder of Philanthropy Day beyond their own presentation sessions. Travel, hotel, and other expenses are the responsibility of the presenter.
For accurate and timely conference program content and publication, presenters are required to abide by submission requirements below regarding text relating to bios and presentation descriptions. Submission of handouts and all presentation materials (electronic version in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, or Adobe Acrobat) is the responsibility of the presenter. All handouts and PowerPoint presentations will be posted on the web site for attendees to download after the conference.
Please note that overt marketing of services, materials, or products by presenters is not permitted during presentations.
Please note that there are a limited number of session slots. Proposals will not be accepted after May 1, 2017. All proposals will be reviewed and scored by the Education Committee. Not all submitted presentations will be chosen. However, Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands will keep your proposals on file for future considerations.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your information to:
Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands